(Image source from: })
Moong Dal Barfi Recipe is a sweet dish recipe prepared with Moong Dal and Mawa. On any special day, make this sweet dish to relish with your family and friends.
Ingredients for Moong Dal Burfi
Moong dal, washed: 1 cup (200 grams)
Sugar: 1 cup (250 grams)
Mawa: 1 cup (200 grams)
Ghee: 3/4 (150 grams)
Pistachios: 1 tbsp
Method of preparation of Moong Dal Burfi
• Soak washed moong dal for 3 hours.
• Grind dal after straining.
• Take a thick bottomed pan and heat ghee. Add ground dal. Stir continuously.
• Cook on low-medium flame till color changes due to roasting and ghee starts separating. Take it out from flame.
• Take a nonstick pan, roast mawa on low flame. Mix moong dal.
• Prepare sugar syrup (1 cup sugar, 1 cup water) add pinch of food color. Ad little cardamom powder to the syrup and mix.
• Add everything in sugar syrup. Cook on low flame, stirring continuously till you get desired consistency.
• Turn off flame. Pour the mixture in plate greased with ghee. Spread evenly.
• You may sprinkle chopped pistachios. Let the burfi to get set. Then cut it into pieces.
• This can be stored for 8 to 10 days in refrigerator in an air tight container.