(Image source from: })
Great desert to water your mouth is Moong Dal Payasam. It fits well in any situation, particularly in a chilled evening. Moong Dal Payasam recipe has blended Moong Dal with flavors of Cinnamon, cardamom and coconut milk. It goes well for all auspicious occasions. And the most important thing is that it is very simple to prepare. Paruppu (moong dal) Payasam is famous in Tamilnadu and Kerala. Try this mouth watery Moong Dal Payasam recipe and you definitely can’t resist finishing the dish.
Cook time: 40 minutes
Ingredients required for Moong Dal Payasam
Moong dal: 200 gm
Desi ghee: 4 Tbsp
Cinnamon: 4-5 sticks
Green cardamom: 4 pods
Sugar: 2 1/2 Tbsp
Thick coconut milk: 1/2 cup
Milk: 1/2 cup
Preparation method of Moong Dal Payasam
1. Soak moong dal in water.
2. Take a pan, heat some ghee.
3. Add and sauté cinnamon and green cardamom.
4. Add drained dal to the cooking mixture.
5. Add water and cook. Leave it to coll.
6. Blend dal to make a thick puree.
7. Take pan, heat ghee, add dal paste, sugar, green cardamom powder, coconut milk and milk.
8. Cook and serve.